Saturday, July 6, 2024

Glacier National Park part 1

 I cannot even begin to describe the happiness that fills my soul anytime I step foot in nature.  The very cells in my body seem to vibrate at a frequency that aligns with the trees and the mountains and the earth, and when ever I am away from them, my soul seems to be in an almost hibernation like state.  The moment I step foot outside, I am alive.  My soul awakens and connected with Mother Earth and I feel free.  I am nature.  She is me, and we are connected at a molecular level.  

In the Summer of 2021 we went on one of my most favorite trips to date - Glacier National Park.  It was a long trip, and taking young kids is always a hard and exhausting task.  However, it is always worth it to give my kids such amazing and life changing experiences.  I love watching them explore, hike, and adventure in our national Parks.  

On our way up we stoped by Lewis and Clark Caverns in Montana.  my Ranger friend Jake used to work there and suggested them to me.  They were amazing, and there was even a section where we had to slide down the formations!  

We also found a Buddha garden in the middle of nowhere Montana.  One of my favorite parts of traveling is finding these hidden gems that we normally would never ever get to see. 

Once at Glacier we got to exploring.  I love that Wesley will jump in any body of water, even fully clothed.  He has such an adventuring heart.  We found this serene body of water, and it called to him.  He went out pretty far in his clothing while his brothers watched from the shore.  The next day we walked around the lodge a bit, and then decided to embark on an epic glacier hike to Grinnell Glacier.  It was about an eight mile round trip hike with some elevation gain.  Blake was only seven, but had been on many epic hikes in the past. One of my favorite things about my little family is the fact that we aren't afraid to go on really challenging hikes, even at the last minute.  It was a hard hike for everyone, but goodness - the views were absolutely incredible.  I had never seen anything like it before in my life.  (End of hike phots in the next post). 



























It doesn't matter how small or plain - Hotel pools are always the most fun for some reason! 


 


No comments: