Saturday, July 6, 2024

Glacier National Park Part 2

Our epic hike led up to one of the most gorgeous natural landscapes I had ever led eyes on - Grinnell glacier.  It was heaven on earth. The turquoise blue waters and the glacier carved mountain views created a stunning backdrop worthy of being on any calendar.  I felt like I was in another world.  It was so unlike the world I grewup in - a world surrounded by concrete, graffiti, trash, humans, and pollution.  This is what I live for.  This is what life is all about.  

The next day we drove far up north near Canada to Kentla lake.  It was a long ways away, but this was another top memorable life experience.  We had almost the entire lake to ourselves.  I used our paddle board to drift into the middle of the lake, and I didn't see another soul.  It was one of the most beautiful and serene moments of my life - calming floating in the middle of a lake in Glacier National Park and having it all to myself.  I was surrounded by trees, crystal clear water, and the call of the birds.  I could have floated there forever.  I felt so free and alive.  

On our way home we stoped by Idaho and spent a few days with Jasons' dad in McCall Idaho.  The boys got to drive a boat and Butch also took us on a tour of the area.  It was also gorgeous and made for some fun memories for the boys.  I started coming down with a cold, and we were staying in a family member's camper.  I was uncomfortable and stressed these last few days, but I'm grateful the boys got to make some fun memories with Butch.  




These photos are incredibly out of order...

Idaho:







Glacier: 






I love that every vacation we have taken, I have a handful of pictures of Wesley in the middle of a random body of water.  In the same way that nature calls to me, water calls to Wesley. 















Hidden Lake overlook trail /continental divide 




Beautiful Kentla Lake that we had almost all to ourselves.  This was one of the most magical and amazing moments of this trip, or of any moment I have spent at a National Park.  It was breathtaking.  

The water was crystal clear 









Waterfall Hike:







Grinell Glacier - This area was so beautiful is seemed fake.  The vibrant colors and the Jurassic Parkeque landscape - It was unlike anything I had ever seen.  




















 

No comments: