Thursday, August 13, 2020

California 2020 part 2



Having our own space at the hotel made such a huge difference.  Like I mentioned in my last post, having free breakfast made every morning for us, room cleanings, and unlimited use of the pool was vacation by itself! We had two rooms and a kitchen, so we had plenty of space for the week.  Chase bought a few lego sets while we were down and enjoyed quietly building them at the table.  




Peacefully sleeping in the fluffy hotel bed....



We usually try to make a trip to Knotts Berry Farm during our annual February visits.  The park is so quiet at that time, and they are so much more affordable than Disneyland.  Sadly, my mom could not go with us this year (my Grandma is living with them now and my mom did not feel it was safe to leave her for the day). The weather was perfect - sunny and slightly warm.  I was in HEAVEN coming from the snow.  I don't think I can adequately describe how amazing it was to feel the sun on my face after months of forgetting what warmth even felt like! 






"Blake - go pretend you are kissing snoopy!"

Blake - 




Wesley and Chase had so much fun going on roller coasters together.  This was Chase's first roller coaster.  He went on it like five more times after this (hallelujah for short wait times!)




Flowers!!  I had to take a picture.  I had not seen flowers or green plants in MONTHS! 




A little joke from my rock lover



A visit to our favorite character - sad eyed Joe.  Around the corner a person speaks into a microphone and talks to the kids that come to visit.  I always go and write their names on a piece of paper so Joe can talk to them and my boys go crazy trying to figure out how he always knows their names!  Wesley and Chase have caught on though ha ha ha 








Another visit to Sad Eye Joe 






Back at the hotel the boys could play basketball in the courts (in the glorious sun). 


We went to a park with my brother, his wife, and their two kids.  My mom, dad, and grandma joined us. One thing I love about my family is that they love spending time with each other no matter the activity.  My mom and grandma can't do much, but they try to hang out with us as much as they can! 




 

No comments: