Sunday, February 12, 2023

Kid-isms

This has been in my drafts for years.  I just found it, and added a few more things that I had put in my phone's notes.  Now that my boys are older, I'm finding that either they say funny things less and less, or I'm just so used to them I'm not writing them down as often! 



Blake:

Wesley came up to me and said, "Mom - Blake is pretending to have one thousand penises and he's pretending to shot me with acid with them!" Boys!! 

-Everytime I volunteer in Blake's class in Kindergarten (once a week), he gets so excited.  When I walk in the room his face lights up, and when my shift is over he RUNS up to me and gives me the biggest hug and kiss.  

--I was rubbing oils on Blake's back before bedtime. After giving him a nice little massage I took the ball roller and started to rub it all over his fingers, legs, head, and so on in a silly manner.  He then exclaimed, "I didn't sign up for this!!" 

--"Colden days - you know - the days that are really cold!!"

--One night Blake brushed my hair for 20 minutes.  I was growing out my pixie cut, and he noticed that some parts of my hair were longer than others, and asked me if he could cut it.  I figured since my hair was already a crazy mess as it was growing out, why not!  He then proceeded to "even" out my hair, and it actually turned out just fine!! 

--While watching tv Blake randomly says, "Mom, I care about you! Then hugs me. 

--I made some strawberry tea for Blake one day, as we often have "tea time" together.  He took his time pouring some into my little cup from his little tupperwear pitcher, an he he was sharing some with me he said, "have you been waiting your whole life for this?!" 

--(age 5) - While pushing Blake on the swings one day I said, "I am going to go inside. You are better at swinging on your own than when I push you anyway!" You go higher on your own." Blake then said, "Mom, I don't care about the height, I care about YOU!" 

--(age 5) - "Mom, was I born in the 60's, or the 80's?" 

--(age 9) - Blake decided he wanted to tell his crush that he likes her on the day before Valentines Day.  When explaining why, he said, "Dumb Utah made Valentines Day into a holiday just to hand out heart shaped candy to each other.  It's too cringy to tell your crush you like her on Valentines Day!" 



Chase -

Chase is my thoughtful little guy.  He is constantly thanking me for a wide range of things, and he knows how to tug at my heart strings.  "Mom, thank you for spending so much time on our bathroom to make it pretty!"  "Mom - you make me feel like such a lucky boy!"  "Mom, thankful for everything you do for me!"  "Mom - thankful for being the best mom ever!"  I seriously appreciate my sweet Chase so much.  Life can be hard, but he reminds me daily what really matters in life.

No comments: