Thursday, August 7, 2014

Botanical Gardens

 Since Wesley starts school this year, I wanted to make sure to do some fun things this Summer before our life becomes crazy and hectic with school.  One thing I love doing is just enjoying nature.  Living in the city, I feel like it is way too easy to loose touch with the earth.  I used to go to the Claremont Botanical Gardens all the time as a kid.  Unfortunately, they started charging an admission fee to get in, and  I haven't been there in over five years.  I was excited when I found a really good deal online.  My mom and I headed over there nice and early one morning, and we had a nice relaxing walk around the gardens.  I love spending time in nature.  I think it is so important to teach our kids about the earth, and how valuable and important it is.  It was so beautiful and peaceful.  After we walked around for a couple hours, we headed over to a local Mexican food restaurant.  It was full of old, retired people who were all obsessed with my three little boys. :-)  Such a fun day! 


Wesley wanted to know what EVERY plaque said.  Most were long scientific names of the different plants, but he still wanted to know. 

Tadpoles, Turtles, and fish!!  A little boy's dream come true!  :-)



Wesley LOVED these rock sculptures.  I might have to makes something like this for our yard!  :-)





No comments: