Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Sweet Blake turns seven! 2021

My sweet Blake.  How can I use words to describe a human so full of light, love, wonder, enthusiasm, and energy.  Blake is excited to be alive.  He teaches me how to look at the beauty of the world with a lens of curiosity and exuberance.  He is so full of energy and joy.  He would often remark how much he loved homeschool and going on all our fun adventures.  He loved to write me sweet notes and wrap his little arms around my waist as tight as he could. Blake loved me with his entire being, and my heart melted every-time he told me how happy he was that I was his mom.  At night he was always full of so much energy, rarely tired enough to actually go to bed.  He loved to take care of my feet by using the callus remover on them, then slathering my feet in a huge amount of lotion.  We often would do each other's hair at night, and even makeup.  Or, we would roll essential oil on each other's arms and legs and douse ourself in the heavenly aromas.  I always enjoyed peaking up at Blake's sweet face full of concentration as he ever-so-carefully applied the oils just right.  After putting him to bed, and saying silly things, he would often fall right to sleep.  Blake is also brilliant.  He soared in homeschool, and we were using curriculum often a grade or two ahead of where he was supposed to be. In first grade he already knew many multiplication facts, was practicing cursive, teaching himself to play the piano and chess, and was so excited to learn.  Homeschooling this sweet boy for two years was one of the best choices I ever made.  Not only did he get to enjoy the wonders of life outside a classroom setting, but he got to focus on the academics that interested him them most. He got to play with his beloved chickens, and run around the neighborhood like the free range, free spirited child he has always been. He loves painting his nails, and also getting dirty. He finds much joy in getting his makeup done, and also enjoys constructing elaborate creations with his legos. Pink was his favorite color.  Stuffed animals brought him much joy.  Real animals even more so.  Blake marches to the beat of his own drum.  I'm so grateful this sweet little human is in my life.  


For his seventh birthday Blake wanted a chicken theme.  He was absolutely obsessed with chickens, so it was only fitting to have chicken decorations, chicken clothing, chicken PJ's, Chicken cake, chicken ballon, and chicken toys.  We even went to a real farm on his birthday to see real Chickens (even though we had our own farm with our own chickens - its always fun to see new ones!). 
















 

No comments: