Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Quick update

Well, so much has happened in the last month.  I don't have a lot of time right now to update my blog, but I feel its important to at least take a few minutes to journal about what's happening.  So, to quickly sum up...we took a trip up to Utah in October to go house hunting.  Wesley stayed home because of school.  It was a super quick trip, but amazingly, after looking at tons of homes, we found one we felt was meant to be our home...we made an offer (a lot lower than asking price), and literally and hour or two later the offer was accepted.  Moving is not easy, but this whole process has gone so incredibly smoothly. It is kind of a testament that this is where we are supposed to be right now. Jason's work packed us, and moved us, and for a week while Jason was in Utah, and our stuff was in route, I had to pretty much camp out in our California home with no beds, refrigerator, washing machine,  or furniture for a week.  It was challenging to say the least. On monday or stuff got packed by the movers, and on Saturday Jason flew down, and drove us up at night.  We got to our house at like 2 or 3 am Sunday morning.  The boys were running around like it was Christmas.  They were so excited! A few days later we received our belongings.  I am still amazed at how smoothly this transition has been.  There really has not been any set backs.  Everything has been so easy.  Wesley's new school is amazing.  Chase got into a free preschool through the city for his speech, and gets to go two days a week for two hours, whereas in California he only went for one hour a week.  It is a huge blessing that he got into this program so easily.  Our house is HUGE and beautiful.  It has 7 bedrooms, plus an office room.  It is 4000 square feet, and even though it is so big, it feels cozy and it feels like home already.   Every time I drive around this area, my breath is taken away at this gorgeous neighborhood.  We are located right at the foothills, so we have a nice view of the valley bellow, but behind us are the pretty majestic hills and mountains.  Everything is so clean, and well taken care of.  There is no graffiti, no pollution (I hear it can get bad though), and everyone is soo nice.  The kids at Wesley's school seem so well mannered (for the most part).  At Wesley's old school, so many kids would cuss and swear as I walked around his school.  Everything is pretty and decorated, and festive, and I feel like I am in a movie, ha ha ha.  There are so many fun little events around this area, and the boys just love Utah.  Even though everything is so pretty, and everyone is so nice, a part of me is still missing.  I know it will take time to get used to everything.  Its hard because I miss my family and friends like crazy.  I've been near them all my life, and it is really hard knowing they are not a phone call away if I need anything.  I guess it makes me a lot more independent, and I'm learning to rely on others outside my little family more.  I wish I could scoop everyone up, and bring them up here with me.  Never the less, we are doing good, and just trying to unpack and make this house our home.  One of the first things we did was set up the tree and other Christmas decorations.  We only had snow one day since being here, and the boys LOVED it.  It was so pretty and fun.  I am terrified to drive in it, but its so neat to actually experience a Winter...or seasons for that matter! Once I get everything set up,  I will post pictures soon. 

No comments: