Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tomorrow is the big ultrasound!!

A lot of people have a strong opinion on what gender they want our baby to be.  Especially after having two boys, most people really hope for a girl.  Some of the comments, to be honest, can get a little tiresome.  Someone was telling me about one of their family members who wanted a girl so badly that she prayed and asked God to please give her a girl, and that she would take the ugliest, most handicapped girl in heaven over having another boy.  That comment made me really sad and upset at the priority some people put on gender.   Jason and I honestly will be happy with whatever blessing we are blessed with - boy or girl.  I love my boys more than anything, and I know how to raise boys, and we have all the boy "stuff."  I would love another sweet little boy, and having three boys would be a lot of fun.  Boys have such a strong a sweet bond with their Mommy.  I would also love a girl because it would be different, and a change of pace.  I like greens and browns much more than pinks and purples, but I do love all the cute girl clothing, and I know there are adorable outfits in more neural colors for girls recently.  There are a lot of cute hairstyles on pintrest that would be fun to try out as well.  However, There is a little sweet spirit excited to come down from heaven, just waiting to join our family, and we are so excited to met them - boy or girl!.  How sad would it be to know that this little person was looking down from heaven, or maybe could sense from the womb, that Mommy or Daddy was sad to find out what gender they are.  I am more anxious for tomorrow to find out if my baby is healthy.  I have been more nervous this time for some reason (or maybe I just forgot how I felt the last two times, which is why it is a good idea to write this stuff down!), and one of my biggest fears would be to find out there was something wrong.  Everything must go so perfectly to make a healthy baby, and googling things that could go wrong is an extremely bad idea to do while pregnant!!   Also, reading on pregnancy forums about all the women who get bad news at their 20 week anatomy scan makes it so much more real what a blessing it is to have a healthy baby.  I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow!  It is a very exciting and nerve wracking day.  Getting a glimpse at the baby that has been growing in me for 19 weeks is more exciting than Christmas morning! 

1 comment:

aprilaleman said...

I dare you to not find out. Make sure baby is healthy and wait. LOL. I know it's not going to happen but it could be fun. I always feel like my family is heavenly and chosen and I am glad whoever joins my family in the future. You are such a good sweet mom.