Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Disneyland #9

Last week I really wanted to go to Disneyland.   I looked at the weather report, and Tuesday was forecasted to be 15 degrees cooler than the other days.  I just can't handle 90 plus degree weather, but 80 degrees sounded nice.  Plus, it was also supposed to be a super calm day.  I was really excited to go, but a little nervous since this was the first time I was going while big and pregnant.  Well, we got there and apparently I wasn't the only one who wanted to go on a "cooler" day, because it was packed, and even 80 degrees feels much hotter while walking all over the place.  Wesley was kind of grumpy because he really wanted to go on The Little Mermaid ride, but it was in California Adventure, and we were at Disneyland.  Chase, however, was so cute and excited about everything.  Since it has been a few months since our last visit, Chase was eager to go on his favorite rides, and he even remembered a lot of Disneyland.  He asked to go on "Tiki" ride.  He also really wanted to go on the "choo choo."  Wesley wanted to see the new show "Mickey and the Magical Map," and that was probably the highlight of his day.  Unfortunately,  I had asked someone to take a picture of the three of us because I hardly get any pictures of all of us since I am usually by myself.  The lady went to hand me back the camera and thought I had it, but my hand wasn't under it yet, and it fell on the floor and broke.  I was really sad.  It was my little point a shoot we bought almost 2 and a half years ago before Chase was born.  I used my iphone the rest of the day, but I was still really upset and it put a damper on the day.  I won't tell which pics bellow were from the camera, and which were from the iphone.  :-)  Yesterday (a week later), sweet Jason surprised me with a new (shock resistant) point and shoot camera when he came home from work.  It is even blue!  I got to use it today at Disneyland since we went again on a whim (I'll post those awesome pictures on the next post), and I am pretty happy.  :-)

So, one of the highlights of the trip that day was when Wesley got chased by Captain Hook.  Normally the characters are standing still so people can get pictures with them.  Well, Captain Hook was walking around like a crazy man all over main street doing silly things.  He came over to us while we were eating our lunch, and put his hands out like he was going to get Wesley.  Wesley ran, and he started chasing him up and down the street.  People gathered at the scene.  Wesley hid behind me, and Captain Hook came over again and started touching Wesley's red hair, and asked him (using gestures since characters can't talk) if he could fly.  He kept doing silly things and a lot of people were watching.  I wish I got a picture.  Finally he left after Wesley told him he couldn't fly.  Wesley then said, "I think he thought I was Peter Pan!!"  Wesley got a kick out of that!! 


Waiting to go on "Its a Small World"  Perfect ride for hot pregnant ladies who need to sit in AC for a while ;-) 

YAY!!!  Chase smiles!!!!  :-) 

 I have so many pics of just Wesley from the first 8 trips since Chase never wanted to take any pictures. Now that Chase wants to be in them, I need to take as many as I can so he has some Disneyland memories too! 

Wesley really wanted to walk inside the castle.  It is really dark and scary though, and I grabbed this funny picture of their frightened faces.  Poor little Chase was so scared! 

YAY for Disneyland!!! 


Chase was soooo excited to ride on the train.  Wesley fell asleep...

Chase's first picture by himself with a character.  He really wanted to take a picture with Mickey, but he was kind of nervous. 

Cute brothers :-)  

Wesley was really upset because a paper streamer that he had found on the ground at the Mickey show tore in half, so he didn't want to take a picture. 





eating lunch on the benches off of Main street

No comments: