Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hunington Library and Botanical Gardens

For my Birthday in October, Jason gave me the cutest gift.  He gave me a calendar that he custom made and ordered himself, and each month has an envelope attached to it.  Each month I get to open the envelope, and see what gift I get for that month.  At the end I will have to make a post on all the cute stuff.  For May Jason took a day off and we all went to the Huntington Library and botanical gardens.  I have always wanted to go there.  When I was 17 or so, Jason tried to take me on a date there, but we got lost and ended up at Griffith park instead.  This time, we found the place, and we had a wonderful time.  Wesley had a blast, and just loved all the plants.  His favorite section was the desert garden with all the cactus's and succulents.  I loved the Japanese garden, and all the flowers everywhere!  :-) 



Even the desert has gorgeous plants!



Wesley was SOOOO excited to see all the cactus's (or is it cacti?)  

Its always fun to have an excuse to practice photography! 


We can't be a part of gorgeous nature without hugging a tree!  (or bamboo to be exact!) 








It was soooo gorgeous!! 



There was a children's garden with a bunch of fun water fountains.  Of course - Wesley got soaked.  It was a really hot day, and close to the end of our visit, so we let the boys have fun!  


Yes, that is my child sticking his head in the fountain....

.....and my child drinking the water....



All wet, but nice and cool! 


The rose garden!  You didn't even need to smell the flowers - the scent of roses was infused into the air!! 

Wesley has to stop to smell the flowers anyways!  :-) 

Chase was done with the stroller and just wanted to walk himself






1 comment:

aprilaleman said...

I love it there. In fact, that's where Wes surprised me with our engagement. :)