Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Disneyland #6

May 8th - My mom and dad had enough credits on their Disney credit card to get one free Disneyland ticket, so we were able to all go together.  It was so nice to have some help with the boys, and it is always fun to go with other people to share the excitement with! Wesley is tall enough to go on Space Mountain, but we can never go because I have Chase.  Wesley was sooo excited to go on it (he thought it was just a rocket going through space).  We ran to that ride as soon as we got in the park, but it was down for maintenance.  We stayed in Tomorrow Land, and went on the other rides there.  We got a fast pass when the ride was back up, and we ate lunch next to the entrance.  We walked around the imagination building, and then we were able to walk right onto the ride when our fast pass time rolled around.  (Fast passes are amazing!).  Wesley and I got to sit in the very front, and the poor little guy didn't know what was about to hit him!  I wrapped my arm around him as tight as I could, and I could feel his little heart pounding.  I tried to distract him by saying things like, "WOW!!! Look at all the pretty stars!!! Weeee!  So much fun!!!"   His little head was bobbling all around and he started to cry.  I felt bad, and I continued to try to distract him (as much as you can while riding on a roller coaster).   As soon as we finished Wesley said, "I am never, ever, NEVER going on that ride again!!!!"  Then, after spending almost half the day in Tomorrow Land, we finally ventured off to the rest of the park.  My mom watched the boys so my Dad and I could go on Splash mountain.  I was really nervous (I hate drops), but I really had a lot of fun on there with my Dad.  I made my dad sit in the front thinking he was going to get soaked, but I ended up being the one to get soaked!  Ha ha ha.  We ate dinner at a cute restaurant in New Orleans square - French Market I think it was called.   Wesley started feeling sick, and so he and I spend half of the time in the restroom.  One of the joys of being a mom :-)    We went back, hurried and ate, and only had about 45 min left until closing.  We ran to the jungle cruise, and after we made it to the last showing of the tiki room.  We got out just as the park was closing.  Such a fun, fun day, and we were able to do everything we wanted to do.  We are really enjoying these passes, and are so grateful for this opportunity to be able to enjoy Disneyland this year!  I am sad that my parents won't be able to come with us again, but I am really glad they were at least able to enjoy one day with us! 


I'm not sure who is more scared - Wesley, or my Dad?!  :-)  Poor little guy!  However, he proudly tells anyone who asks that he got to go on Space Mountain!   :-) 




Wesley, "Ahhh!  The sun is in my eyes!!" 

I know Chase never looks too enthusiastic in these pictures, but let me assure you - he was THRILLED to go on autopia with grandma.  For a little boy who LOVES cars, this ride is almost as fun as it gets!  He asked over and over (in his Chase language) to go on this ride.  It was a 30-40 min wait, but for him, we battled the crowds!  Grandma even let him steer!  :-) 



As a science geek, I was pretty excited to see this huge periodic table of elements!  :-) 

Iron Man exhibit


Chase was so excited to pet the horse.  Wesley wasn't interested.  It is so funny how they are so different! 


Yummy dessert after dinner!!  :-)  It was so rich, all 5 of us shared it! 

I don't eat at Disneyland very often, so this was a fun treat.

Wesley was out by the time we got to the trams, and Chase was almost there

No comments: