Thursday, April 25, 2013

Disneyland #2

#2 - April 10th

   I felt like a kid again excited to go Disneyland.  I couldn't sleep (partial excitement, and part because I kept thinking about all the things I had to bring and pack, and how I was going to handle everything alone!).  However,  I was so excited to take my boys to Disneyland and let them experience all the magic.  Wesley was beyond excited too, and that makes it exponentially more fun.  I didn't want to overdue it on my first day alone, and I wanted to take things nice and slow.  We waited in lines to take pictures with a lot of characters, which are things Jason and I never did while dating!  I never understood why someone wanted to wait 15, 20, even 30 minutes to see a character.  Wesley gets sooooo excited to see all the "people from the movies!!"  and the wait is worth it!!  Most of the time it is about a 5 minute wait if we are lucky, but I am glad the boys are a good sport, and that Wesley is happy to wait to meet a character!  I brought my lunch again, and we found a super secluded and shady area next to Toon town and Its a Small World where we sat to eat lunch.  It was quiet, and peaceful and perfect.  It was right next to a train station, so we rode in the train after.  Wesley loves "Its a Small World" and wants to go on that ride every visit.  We stayed until about 2:30, and headed home.  Even though it was busy, we actually went on a lot of rides, and saw a lot of characters.  I was pretty tired.  Not from walking around, but from taking the boys in and out of the stroller all day, pushing the double stroller around, and just stopping often for snack breaks, water breaks, and so on.  Phew - it was a lot of work, but the fun completely overshadows the hardship!  I figured out what I needed to do to make the next trip easier, and I was excited to go again!!  We ended up buying a sit and stand stroller from craigslist so Wesley can hop on and off when ever he needs. 


Wesley was probably the most excited little boy to see a "Real live princess!" as he called her.  "She talks!!!!"  he exclaimed, and then he proceeded to talk her ear off!  :-) 






Good 'ol Dumbo! 

I LOVE how they are both trying to figure out the carousel!  :-)  Cute boys



Look at that smile.  I never would have guessed Wesley was going to be so excited to meet all these characters! 

Cute red heads! 

Eating lunch!  Look how quiet it is in this spot!  Our little hidden gem!

on the train

The adventure awaits....

No comments: