Monday, January 3, 2011

Fun Christmas, and my awesome green desk

 We had a very nice Christmas.  Jason and I didn't want to overdo it this year, because Wesley doesn't really need a lot of things, and we knew he would be getting a lot of love from the grandparents.  We kept it simple, and everything was really nice.  Wesley had more fun opening gifts than I thought he would.  I was pleasantly surprised that he enjoyed opening most of the gifts, and seeing what was inside. 




Wesley's big Elmo from grandma







Also, for a long time I have been wanting a craft desk.  I do a lot of scrapbooking, but I usually do it on the floor in our office because there is not enough room on our computer desk.  I asked my friend, Brad Andersen (check out his blog here:  http://sawdustsplinters.blogspot.com/)  if he could make me a desk.  I told him what I wanted in a desk...plenty of room on top, drawers on the side, and can be moved from room to room in case we ever need to make the office/craft room into another bed room.  He drew up some plans, and made me a desk from scratch.  The top of the desk even flips up for more storage!!   I told him I wanted it green..to match all my craft supplies.  Plus, I love green :-)  We decided to just stain the top green, so the color wouldn't overwhelm the desk (or the room). It is a very light, subtle green.  He did a fantastic job, and it turned out gorgeous!  I put some green vinyl on the front to match the green top.  I love it!  I already bought cute fabric to start making bedding and other things for the baby, so I can't wait to use my new desk for that fun project!!  Here are some pictures.  Unfortunately the window in the back made for some bad lighting, so I couldn't captured the true essence of the green, but you get the idea!  :-)


look at that detail!!



awesome pull out drawers.  I found that cute basket at Michaels on clearance for...a penny!!!!

1 comment:

Saw Dust and Splinters said...

THe stickers do tie things together. Glad you like it. I still have to show you how to adjust the drawers.