Monday, January 10, 2011

24 weeks!!!

SO, here I am in week 24!   I already have a good size belly, and am about the size I was at 28 weeks with Wesley.  I think I look pretty big, but I dont feel too big yet..if that makes since.  This pregnancy is a little harder than Wesley's was.  His was soo easy...until he decided to come early!  This time I am still pretty tired, and have a hard time sleeping.  I am getting my blood taken this week to see if I have anemia, and also have the glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes, because I know both can make me tired.  I also have been having heart palpitations. Those are common in pregnancy, but still need to be monitored just to make sure there is not something more serious going on.  I did have an EKG and that was completely normal, so the cardiologist really isn't worried.  However, just to be on the safe side,  I get to wear a monitor to see if the palpitations are anything serious.  I'm not too worried...I just hope they find I need more iron or something and all my energy will magically come back!!  :-)  Other than that, I really can't complain.  I love feeling the sweet little guy wiggle in me.  He already has a little personality even though he is only about a foot tall. At night if I lay the wrong way, he will kick and kick until I move.  Its amazing... seriously amazing how fast babies develop.  Just think about how tall we would be if we continued to grow a foot every six months! 

I have a strong desire to start getting things ready even though I am only 24 weeks.  I was waiting until my baby shower with Wesley to get anything ready.  Unfortunately, he came the day before his shower, and I literally had only a handful of things. I also wasn't prepared mentally.  He was in the hospital for a month, so I did have time to prepare after he was born, but it wasn't the same.  This time,  I am hoping to have my bags packed, have a birth plan, read up some more about labor, and have the nursery ready by 30 weeks in case baby #2 comes early too.   I'm not going to stress about it, but I just need to feel more prepared.  I already ordered the crib, and it should be here next week.  Then, I just need to take out all my old clothes, and start putting them away, and rearrange the boy's room so Wesley can get used to it.  I am really looking forward to it.  It is a fun time, and being pregnant goes by really fast.   Yay!  Can't wait to be a mommy of two sweet little boys! 


Here are some random pics I took the other night on my computer camera since I was too lazy to take some with my regular camera :-p   
24 weeks!


Wesley giving me his sweet smile

I love my little cuteness!

Wesley twins!!!

No comments: